DHC Turbo Beaver "Raven" from Design Group Alpha

Répondre
sakrison
A remercié : 0
A été remercié : 13 fois

DHC Turbo Beaver "Raven" from Design Group Alpha

Message par sakrison »

This was a beta build of Design Group Alpha's newest livery in their series of Turbo Beaver kits. Wingspan is just about twelve inches in 1/48 scale. I spent about 20 hours building the kit. I added toothpick spars in the horizontal and vertical tail and stripwood spars in the wings. And I added an extra layer of cardstock to the rudders--probably the most fragile parts of the model. Otherwise, it's "straight out of the box." The kit should be available soon at ecardmodels.com. Other liveries are available now in turbo and recip models.

The floats were much easier to build than I expected. DGA's design makes it easy to construct a sturdy and good-looking float.

I found the instructions generally very good. They were a bit vague in a few areas, but photos of the finished kit made up for it. As with all of the DGA Turbo Beaver kits, those photos will be posted with the kits. The artwork is excellent, fit of the parts is very good to excellent, and the finished model is eye-catching. The kit includes options for floats, skis, and conventional landing gear.

Most of my aircraft models are 1/33 scale, and I have enlarged this kit to build it in 1/33. It's going to be huge! It's a big bird.
Fichiers joints
Raven 6.jpg
Raven 7.jpg
Raven 9.jpg
Raven 12.jpg
Raven 13.jpg
Ces utilisateurs ont remercié l’auteur sakrison pour son message (4 au total) :
denisMichel cerfvolisteSpitfire Steiermarkbo56a1
Répondre

Retourner vers « Avions »